Released January 30, 2011
Version 1.11 of Realtors Property Resource® includes a number of new features, in particular a redesigned and simplified homepage that makes searching for properties and neighborhoods easier and more efficient, as well as a new Mini Property Report.
Recently, RPR surveyed and conducted focus groups of users, and simplifying the homepage was one of the most consistent things we heard. Users will find our extensive search options right up front, and all of their previously saved searches and reports more readily accessible. These Release Notes describe the new features, functionality and enhancements in the v1.11 release. For more detail and support, please review the articles here in the RPR Knowledge Base or contact the Help Desk at 877-977-7576.
Please note that during the release we encountered an issue that required us to delete users’ Reports history. If you generated Reports in the past 30 days, you will no longer see them, and you will need to rerun any Reports that you may need again. We apologize for this inconvenience.
These Release Notes are also attached as a PDF file.
Version 1.11 includes these new or enhanced features:
- Redesigned and streamlined homepage. RPR’s previous homepage automatically loaded a market activity search for the user’s chosen Home Area when the user logged in. Now, however, the homepage focuses on search options as well as previous searches and reports generated by the user, which makes the homepage faster to load and easier to use as a gateway to the elements that most interest the user. The market activity summary previously featured on the homepage has now been implemented as a search option, making it a more flexible search that can be generated on demand.
The upper portion of the homepage is devoted to searching. See the new Quick Searches dropdown for many search options, including your own listings, Market Activity, properties, custom areas and more. The lower portion of the homepage displays lists of recently generated reports and searches, allowing the user to return to them quickly.
- Enhanced Search bar. Users will notice that RPR’s extensive search features are now clearly outlined in the blue-gray Search area atop the homepage and the Search tab. We heard from a number of users who sometimes had difficulty knowing where or how to search in RPR. The new Search bar gives you lots of options for finding a property or a set of properties, searching for neighborhoods, running saved searches, and more. We’ve also made it easier to search, for instance, for your own current listings and easier to narrow your property search by price range, beds and baths before seeing search results.
To learn more about searching, visit this updated article in the Knowledge Base:
- Mini Property Report. The new Mini Property Report is a concise look at an individual property, including a property summary and home facts, legal description, current listing photos (when the property is an active listing) and local market statistics. It is shorter and therefore easier to print than the regular Property Report. This report is another direct result of our user studies; we heard from a great many of the people that participated that in addition to RPR’s popular long-format reports, you also wanted shorter, summary reports as well.
- Performance enhancements. With each release, RPR works to accelerate the search process on the website and to eliminate bottlenecks by making improvements to the background technology that powers RPR. Version 1.11 includes such enhancements.
Version 1.11 also includes these changes:
- Security. We’ve implemented increased security measures to guard against high velocity searches.
- Map icon for condos. Now you can distinguish between multi-family dwellings, condos and townhouses on our maps.
Enhancements and Bug Fixes
RPR addressed 115 bug fixes and enhancement requests, including many suggested by users. We are always interested in hearing your suggestions for future enhancements to RPR, so please be in touch.
We welcome your feedback directly from the RPR website (click the Talk to Us link on any page), via the Help Desk or by calling the Help Desk at 877-977-7576.