Released September 29, 2010
Realtors Property Resource v1.1 includes major new mapping functionality. These Release Notes describe the new features, functionality and enhancements in the v1.1 release. For more detail and support, please review the articles in the RPR Help Desk (www.support.rpr.com) or contact Customer Care at 877-977-7576.
Version 1.1 includes these new or enhanced features:
- Dynamic search results maps. When performing a search, click on the “Bigger map” button below the search results map, or the “Map View” tab at the top of the search results page, to render the maps using Microsoft Silverlight. The software, which is similar to Adobe Flash, provides a rich mapping experience.
- Draw your own search areas. Can’t find an area you serve? You can now search by drawing your own custom polygons using the polygon search tool, or search around a single point using the radius search tool. In polygon mode, you can draw using as many points as you like. Each time you move a point, new points appear on either side of your original point so you can adjust your drawing. Note also that you can search multiple polygons at once: Outline two areas side-by-side on a map, and your search results will include both areas. To draw a radius, simply click your center point, then move your mouse and click again to set the distance you want to search.
- Alternate placenames. A new database of alternate names for towns and townships allows users to search by the different names that many areas can be known by.
- Search results and details for listing-only records. Sometimes a listing cannot be matched to a tax record, perhaps because it is very new construction or the listing record address is missing key information. Now these listings can be searched and displayed as a property details record containing only the data from the listing. Although the data for these pages is sparse because public records data are not yet available, we are working to grow this data set everyday.
- Single Sign On (SSO). Users with accounts in MLS systems that support SSO will be able to link directly into RPR without signing on, provided they have already created an account in the system during their initial visit and they are logged into their MLS system. This process allows MLSs with an SSO identity provider to send their users directly to RPR without any extra steps.
- RPR Tax Data API. RPR now provides a free API for MLSs that allows them to retrieve and utilize RPR’s tax assessor information within the MLS system.
We have also implemented more than 60 enhancements based on information from our issue tracking system, many generated as a result of user feedback.
Users without Microsoft Silverlight will be unable to view or search the new mapping features. In addition, iPad users will continue to see RPR’s current maps, until Microsoft completes the port of Silverlight to iOS.
The v1.2 release of RPR will include:
- Schools data and information
- Increased mapping functionality
- A chat function and a tips feature that will guide users while they are on the website
We welcome your feedback directly from the RPR website (see the Talk to Us link on the homepage), via the Help Desk or by calling Customer Care at 877-977-7576.