Released February 2, 2011
Realtors Property Resource™ v1.3 gives users more control when working with comparables and the estimated value of a property. These Release Notes describe the new features, functionality and enhancements in the v1.3 release. For more detail and support, please review the articles in the RPR Help Desk (www.support.rpr.com) or contact Customer Care at 877-977-7576
Version 1.3 includes these new or enhanced features:
- New Comps and Refined Value functionality. Users will find it easier to work with and customize a property’s comparables and estimated value in v1.3. The functionality of the “Comps and Estimated Value” tab on the Property Details pages has been separated into two tabs, one dealing exclusively with comps (“Comps”) and the other to refine a property’s AVM or RVM (“Refined Value”). Users can now control the comps they want to use for a property, and the comps flow through to the Seller’s Report.
The new Comps tab displays three different ways to select and modify comparables: a) a list of the actual comps that were used to create the RVM or AVM, b) a list of other possible comps, generated by the system, and c) the ability to choose your own comps, using addresses that you know. These three sources can be mixed and matched to produce a completely customized list for use in estimate refinement and Seller’s Reports.
In addition, the History tab of the Property Details page now allows users to toggle between the MLS and public records sales data for the same property, to use the sales information from whichever source they prefer.
- Enhanced Search bar. Users can now organize their Saved Searches, Custom Areas and Home Areas directly from the Search bar found on every page. Searches can be added, deleted, nicknamed, and modified from a new “My Searches” dropdown on the Search bar. To help start new users off, we have added some common types of searches to this area, as well.
In addition, a new “My Profile” tab above the Search bar improves navigation to a user’s profile page, where Home Areas as well as contact, password and other account information can be added or changed.
- Search for Sold properties. Searching for solds is a bit easier—we moved the location of the sold selection within the “all properties” search to make it easier to find.
- Homepage updates. The homepage has been updated to give more prominence to our self-directed and webinar training options, as well as to the RPR Help Desk support center. In addition, users can manage their Saved Searches, Custom Areas and Home Areas from a box on the right-hand side of the page below the training information. Now users can change their home areas from the Search bar, the My Profile page or the homepage.
- Map View streamlined. The size of the map in the Map View of the Search Results page has been reduced. We found that many users—particularly those with smaller screen resolutions—were challenged to notice some of the other functionality on the Search Results page as a result of the large size of the map. In addition, other clarifying changes have been made to the map, including modifications to the map controls and navigation.
In addition, RPR has licensed a set of school attendance boundaries from Maponics, a GIS company that has pioneered the field collection of this previously unavailable data set. These boundaries display on the map where available.
- Deep Linking. The RPR team developed a deep linking technique that allows an MLS to link its users directly to the page and type of functionality they wish, if they have links to RPR implemented within the MLS system. It’s possible, for example, for the MLS to link to the comparables selection feature, or a certain map, or the history chart for a subject property—instead of sending users to the RPR homepage. Deep linking can be used with single sign-on (SSO) and co-branding by any participating MLS.
We addressed approximately 165 issues reported by users. We have continued to add automation to our trouble ticketing process so that our users will receive faster and more detailed updates on the issues they have reported.
The RPR data team focused on database performance enhancements throughout the site, looking for bottlenecks by monitoring real-time user behavior and resolving them on the fly. We also completely refreshed our geocoding point data, updated our neighborhood boundary collection with more than 20,000 new geographies, and refreshed our econometric data from Moody’s Analytics.
A link to a property's plat map is available from the Property Details page. If a plat map is unavailable, the link leads to a page error rather than a map.
The v1.4 release of RPR, coming in spring 2011, will include:
- Tools for brokers
We welcome your feedback directly from the RPR website (see the Talk to Us link on the homepage), via the Help Desk or by calling Customer Care at 877-977-7576.